twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Should private firearm ownership be banned in the United States?

Interesting debate. Thanks for any answers.
Answer:
John Stossel(of 20/20 fame) actually showed that violent crimes increase in areas where guns have been banned, because the criminals know for a fact that the law abiding citizens will be unarmed. As mafia turncoat Sammy 'the Bull' Gravano said, "Gun control? It鈥檚 the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I鈥檓 a bad guy, I鈥檓 always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You pull the trigger with a lock on, and I鈥檒l pull the trigger. We鈥檒l see who wins."
no. that would be unconstitutional.
no, it is a basic freedom.
Nope. Against the 2nd Amendment. Any such ban would be struck down by the courts.
That subject is so dead, it has quit smelling. There is no way the U.S. will ever ban private ownership of firearms, ever
absolutely NOT!
It would never pass, and yes, it is considered by most to be unconstitutional.
No, no a thousand times no.
You cant put the genie back in the bottle, guns will always be available and criminals will always have them. The question is do the law abiding among us want to be able to arm ourselves against them.
Simple answer. No.

Complex. Tighter gun control laws are needed, but a complete ban is unrealistic.

Case in point, the killing of the mayor of Osaka in Japan. Killed by a senior member of the Yakuza.

Total ban on firearms in Japan, yet according to news reports, the Yakuza have firearms and that's what killed the mayor.

Problem is not with firearm ownership but the control of the firearms.
Not No But He** No..................
please see Amendment II of the Constitution
No one wants to mess with the constitution -
well bush did for a little while, then he found out he wasn't a King.
The 2nd Amendment clearly states that I have the right to protect my home and my family by owning a firearm. Which I do. I'll be damn if I'm gonna let someone come into my home unwelcome and rape my wife and daughter before they make off with all of my possessions and never get caught. I don't care what anyone else thinks, but I refuse to let that happen to my family, even if I have to go to jail for it.
Absolutely not. If we ever find ourselves with another majority congress rubberstamping for a president of equally dubious intention to that of George W. Bush, but superior intellect, our guns may be our last line of defense against dictatorship. That's why the Framers included the 2nd amendment in the Bill of Rights. It's a last resort, but an important one to keep around. Remember that armed revolution wasn't hypothetical for those guys, they had just accomplished one, and fully understood it's importance.
not while the tools and knowledge to make them is still available. That has to be delt with at the same time. They're here and not going away.
No! With all the Illegal Alein and everything and everybody else with No protection from Government, granting Amnesty to Criminals from Abroad.... I should say not. I was anti gun before Not now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net