twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Should parents of noisy infants and toddlers be fined?

I stayed in a hotel recently. The people in the room next to me had a child that cried and talked loudly all night. I never got to sleep. The hotel staff wouldn't do anything about it when I called them.
Answer:
YES, since people who throw parties are fined and kicked out, but in reality who is going to charge a parent with a crying child?

they probably see your loss of income as less then the parents (why are people going on vacation with infants anyways??!) so that's why they catered to them.

make it known to them that you don't appreciate this substandard treatment and that you will refrain from using their services in the future. won't do much, but there's not much more you can do about it (especially since they offered to change your room)

if there is a next time (hopefully there wont be) take lisa's advice =)
Should they be? Yes. Public nuisance, disturbing the peace, etc, etc, etc. But can they be? No, unfortunately.

After the hotel staff refused to do their jobs, I would have packed my bags, gone down to the desk, demanded my money back and left. Whatever the time. It's not like you were going to sleep anyway. Why not be awake in a nice quiet 24 hour coffee shop instead of a bloodcurdling hotel?
I wouldn't necessarily blame the parents. Babies cry, I am sure you did too. Maybe the kid had an ear infection or something. However, I am surprised the hotel was not more accommodating. They should have given you a quieter room, or called the family to tell them they had received complaints.
Granted that's rude and downright annoying. But, put yourself in the parent's shoes... They were IN the room with the child. I'm sure they didn't sleep either. Besides, it's evident that you have no children... If you did, you would know how difficult it is to quiet an upset child who is being forced to sleep in a hotel and not in their safe, happy bedroom. Cut 'em some slack, dude.
I guess you've never had children. There's no law against crying infants. What did you think the parents could do about it? Put a gag in the baby's mouth? You were one once, and you cried too. Next time, calmly request another room.
What do you suggest the parents do? Gag their child? Wait tlll you have children and you will see how difficult it is sometimes.
I guess you (and the first person that answered) don't have kids. Newsflash, KIDS ARE NOISY, sometimes they don't want to sleep (like when they are all over excited because they aren't asleep in their own beds)...you can't make them, trust me on this. I am surprised that the hotel was not more accommodating, they should have moved you however, though someone please remind me to have my daughter make as much noise as possible if this person ever ends up ina room next to mine.
baby's and toddlers cry what do you want them to do??? welcome to the world. if it was that terrible then i would have asked for a new room. if you really hated it you should have stayed home so everyone eles can't bother you.
You were a baby once, idiot. How would you like it if your mom had to pay a $500.00 fine because you had colic? Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net