twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Should teenagers be tried as adults in murder cases?

Why are 16 and 17 year olds getting out of prison when they turn 18 after brutally murdering people?
Answer:
ANYONE at ANY AGE who brutally murders another person should be tried as an adult.
You might say that they don't know right from wrong and I say that does NOT matter. If they are capable of brutally murdering at any age, they should NOT be permitted to exist in our society.
I might agree that they should not be subjected to the death penalty, but they should NEVER be allowed back into society. Period.
Sure,
I had enough sense not to murder anyone when i was a teen.
id say 16- adult
yes, they should...killing someone is killing someone, unless it's justified it shouldn't matter how old you are.
you wanna be treated like an adult when you first get pubes so yeH
there are different circumstances in each individual case
I do not think that 16-17 year olds should be tried as adults.
Don't get me wrong I am in no way condoning what they did!
They should be punished without a doubt.I think that they should have to go to an extensive treatment center and a special facility just for teens that commit these types of atrocities with a maximum sentence of 10-15years at the facility I think with the right treatment some of these teens can become responsible(reformed) adults and be able to be returned to the general public.The teen mind is not the same as a mature adults.
If there were more legal intervention with these types of children then perhaps it would not get to this point .I do not know how I would feel if the crime was committed on someone I know,however I do believe that sending teens to prison is not going to help us get the answers to solve this problem that seems to be escalating.
I think alot of this crime that we are seeing is a result of the growing economical problems.
And the fact that we as a society are not satisfied.
Well these are just my opinions.
I am sure that a more educated person than myself would be able to elaborate more on this subject as to the reasoning for letting the teens out of prison, I do however think that some of them they will not be able to reform and they should definatley not let them out ever.
Teenagers should be tried as adults when dealing with a murder charge. I cannot find one teenager that says they want to be treated as a child. So, if they want to be treated like an adult, then committing an adult crime should result in them being tried as one.
Never.

You are either a child or you're an adult.

We should change the laws for children, or create new laws for teens 13-17.

The answer should NEVER be to try a child as an adult.

That's intellectually dishonest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net