twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Should the Avon Park FL police department face child abuse charges for arresting a 6-year old school girl?

In late March a 6 year old school girl was arrested, handcuffed (at her bicepts), fingerprinted, mug shot, charged with a felony %26 sat in the County jail until her mother picked her up. It seems that she was having a temper tantrum %26 the school called the police. Your opinion??
Answer:
I think that the 'no tolerance' policy of many schools is taken to the extreme. It seems to me, that it would be difficult to charge this child with a felony simply for a temper tantrum unless she caused someone intentional physical harm. Need more info to say one way or the other but, I do think it is taken to the extreme in a lot of cases.
I think her parents need to be charged with neglect for allowing a 6 year old to be such a brat. No doubt this kid has been trouble. I seriously doubt if she was a perfect little angel until that moment any of this would have happened. More likely, it was the last straw.
She's lucky they didn't taser her, shove a broom up her azz, or empty several clips into her unarmed body..
If she f@$%ed up, send her to the spot!! Who cares what freakin' age she is. She obviously is a tormented individual, and her parents are just as much to blame if that is the way she is being allowed to act.
this is a very sad day for teachers

The teachers are so afraid of legal implications that they do not dare to discipline a small child - a 6 years old

If I am a teacher I will discipline this kid, instead of calling the police and make his/her future life traumatic
The police were just doing their job, and as always they get hated for it. It is mainly the fault of the parents who undoubtedly cared nothing for rearing their child correctly, and a bit to the teachers and administration for failing to put their foot down. Keep it up Fl PD
What defines a temper tantrum...was she crying...or was she screaming and thrashing about???
I honestly would have to say that if it were my child who misbehaved, much less at the age of 6, and the school called the police..instead or before they called me, I would be pissed.
I guess some children can be very hard to manage when they throw fits....so I would have to say that if that was the only thing to do to manage the child......it's better than beating her.
The question I would like to see an answer to is...has this helped the little girls behavior or made it worse?
However--booking, handcuffing and fingerprinting the little girl...seem a little extreme to me. But hey, I wasn't there!
This is not surprising nowadays. Everything is overreacted to now. On top of that, most parents are terrified to discipline their kids lest CPS charge them with abuse and drag the kid off. The school personnel are terrified to do anything with a kid. they can't even deal with a tantrum anymore--more and more kids have to pay the price by receiving criminal records at earlier and earlier ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net